SOIL BON FOODWEB
Assessing global drivers and functions of soil animal biodiversity and interactions in soil food webs.
Soil BON Foodweb is a voluntary initiative established in 2021 to assess drivers and functions of soil animal biodiversity and interactions in soil food webs on a global scale. The Soil BON Foodweb Team (SBF Team) is an extension of the Soil Biodiversity Observation Network (Soil BON). We share sampling sites with Soil BON, contribute to joint data analyses, and have similar overarching goals, but focus on soil animal communities across micro-, meso-, and macrofauna. This is truly a ‘community initiative’ that joins soil zoologists and ecologists around the world. We build a global research network that shares common sampling protocols, experimental projects, and produces long-term essential information on soil animal communities to conserve soil biodiversity and manage the present and future of global soils.
BY JOINING THE SBF TEAM YOU CAN:
- Form a Field team and contribute to soil animal monitoring by sampling 2+ sites in your region;
- As a Local hub, support extraction of microfauna and/or mesofauna from soil samples collected by Field teams;
- Coordinate biodiversity monitoring as a National coordinator;
- Partake as a data contributor and a co-author in join publications;
- Build networks and collaborations via joint meetings and common workshops;
- Disseminate your ideas by leading data analyses and designing global experiments;
- Contribute to soil animal conservation and influence the future of soil animal ecology.
OTHER SOIL BON FOODWEB RESOURCES